Dream Sporting Gear, or DSG was founded a decade ago in Pune. DSG started from humble beginnings, as an offshoot of superbike sales outlet Dreambikes. In early 2006, DSG were virtually the pioneers for riding safety gear in India, with a clear goal to make biking safer and build awareness. This was a time of virtually no awareness of riding gear here, or its availability, when the superbike culture was just starting to pick up.
By October 2006 DSG had tied up as sole associate to Alpinestars, representing this global leader for their premium riding safety gear across India. It’s been a decade long partnership, with no looking back as DSG has gone from strength-to- strength. DSG stands out as a more affordable, tailor made for India range of riding gear, while Alpinestars catered to big bike owners and motorcycling professionals, who acknowledge the value and unmatched safety only such top-of-the-line safety apparel can provide.
From a modest start operating from their 200 square feet Pune showroom in 2006, DSG has seen strong growth, with a double in turnover each year as the company has blossomed along with a booming Indian bike market that took off in earnest from 2009. DSG today retails from a company owned, 3,000 square feet showroom centrally located on Pune’s MG road, the main shopping district in this bustling city, often dubbed the two-wheeler capital of India. DSG today also retails the Alpinestars and DSG brands from outlets in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Chandigarh, and multi-brand sales points, located to cover the length and breadth of India.
DSG branded gear has been specially designed keeping in mind the individual requirements of Indian riders, and our unique riding conditions, with improvements incorporated over the years. DSG apparel is all hand-stitched using select raw materials, with robust build quality to provide solid durability and ample safety. DSG has from day one tried to cater to price conscious riders, looking for quality safety riding gear.
Under the same roof in any DSG sales outlet, discerning buyers looking for premium safety gear can try on and select from a wide range of Alpinestars. Alpinestars needs little introduction, being the largest selling biking gear brand worldwide, worn by top MotoGP riders the likes of World Champions Jorge Lorenzo and Marc Marquez. Superbike owners, professional riders and racers the world over turn to Alpinestars as their choice of riding gear. DSG has from the start, and at all points in time maintained a wide inventory of Alpinestars riding gear, in various sizes. Prices at every DSG outlet across India remain competent, relative to Alpinestars prices worldwide.
Apart from being the clear sales leader in their space, DSG has over the years invested to sponsor and support deserving biking events, including specialized media launches for top Indian two-wheeler manufacturers and clubs. DSG recently sponsored riding gear for Suzuki’s one-make racing championship, the Suzuki Gixxer Cup, apart from some of the riding gear used by CS Santosh, the first and only ever Indian to have attempted and successfully finished the world’s toughest rally, the Dakar. They have also in the past been associated with the India Superbike Festival, ISF.
Thanks to support extended by so many bikers all across India, it’s been an exciting, eventful decade of growth at DSG, with plenty to come in years ahead!
Returns and Refunds Policy
- In keeping with PLANETDSG’s goal of ensuring User satisfaction, this return and refund Policy (“Return and Refund Policy”)sets out PLANETDSG’s procedures and policies in accepting Product returns, once a Product has been delivered to a User after purchase from the Webportal. Any return of Products by Users shall be governed by and subject to the terms and conditions set out under this Return and Refund Policy.
- Terms of Return and Refund:
Product Category Return Period Alpinestars Any product from the brand Alpinestars 7 days from the date of delivery – as long as the product is unused and the price tags are intact
90 days from the date of delivery – any manufacturing defects, or key product-related defects. Decided by DSG.
DSGear Any product from the brand DSGear 7 days from the date of delivery – as long as the product is unused and the price tags are intact
30 days from the date of delivery – any manufacturing defects, or key product-related defects. Decided by DSG.
- If the User is dissatisfied with the purchased Product received from PLANETDSG, or in the event where there are defects and deficiencies in the Product (attributable to, and accepted by PLANETDSG after due verification at its sole discretion), a User may initiate a request for returning the Product. The User shall initiate such requests for a return not later than depicted return period as given in the table above. While raising a request for return, the User can seek a refund of the money paid by him/her towards the purchase of the Product or Replacement of the product. The User will be required to produce a copy of the original invoice at the time of placing a request for return or exchange of Products. The User shall ensure that the Product(s) being returned comply with the conditions set out under this Return and Refund Policy and are, among other conditions, unused, unwashed, with price tags intact, all packaging material undamaged and unused. Such returned Product(s) should not carry stains, sweat, detergent, or body odour. PLANETDSG reserves the right to alter and enforce this Return and Refund Policy at any time without having to serve a prior notice on the User.
- If a User has purchased Products which form a part of a package of other Products, or if the Product forms a part of a promotional package (collectively, the “Bundled Package”), the User shall be required to return all the Products that form a part of the Bundled Package for PLANETDSG to process refunds.
- Return of or refund for purchased Products shall not be entertained by PLANETDSG if:
- The Product has been used for reasons apart from checking fit and comfort. If PLANETDSG is satisfied that the Product has been used for reasons apart from checking fit and comfort, PLANETDSG shall reserve the right to reject the return of the Product;
- The Product has been washed;
- The price tags, brand tags, box, original packaging material, and accompanying accessories have been damaged or discarded by the User;
- The serial number/IMEI number/bar code of the Product, as applicable, does not match PLANETDSG’s records;
- The accessories delivered with the Product are not returned along with the Product, in an undamaged condition;
- There are any dents, scratches, tears or any other damage to the Products or any part thereof;
- The gifts accompanying the purchased Product have not been returned, or upon being returned, show signs of being used, washed, or defect; or
- PLANETDSG is satisfied that the Product has been rendered defective or unusable.
- PLANETDSG shall initiate a process of refund of the money paid by the User towards purchase of a Product, if upon conducting quality checks, it is satisfied that the Product being returned entitles the User to a refund. It is further clarified that the PLANETDSG shall not be required to make any refund in respect of any Product that it deems ineligible for a refund based on such quality checks.
- It is expressly clarified that the refund entitled to by a User shall not include money paid towards shipping charges or any other such charges applicable from time to time, except in case of a Product having a defect at the time of delivery (for reasons attributable to, and accepted by PLANETDSG after due verification at its sole discretion).
- PLANETDSG shall make all reasonable attempts to keep the User apprised of the status of refund through updates shared on the User’s registered mobile number and email address. PLANETDSG disclaims all liabilities that may arise on account of its failure to keep the User apprised of the status of the refund.
- PLANETDSG shall, subject to the satisfactory completion of required quality checks on the returned Products, initiate a refund request. If the request for refund is undisputed by PLANETDSG, the refund should reflect in the User’s bank account and/or the User’s store credit within such reasonable time (subject to the policies of the User’s bank in case of bank account/credit card refunds) from the date on which PLANETDSG initiates the refund.
- Refunds shall be processed by PLANETDSG through its normal banking channels except in cases where a User had utilised existing store credit for purchase of Products or opted for the cash on delivery option
- To initiate Return of purchased Products user shall write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the product details, purchase details and issue with the product. Based on confirmations PLANETDSG will inform back on the next steps.
6 MG Road, Pune, Maharashtra, India 411001
+91 77220 37636